Are you a solution-oriented Software Engineer that is equipped to scale a SaaS solution? We are looking for a detail-oriented Software Engineer with experience with DevOps to strengthen our Development Team.
Crobox is a retail technology company that combines AI with psychology to tell retailers what their customers love about their products. Our unique approach to generating retail product and customer intelligence drives purchase behavior while generating actionable insights.
You will be working with a small but growing development team, where you will have the room to have a meaningful part in improving and building our retail intelligence solution.
- Apply functional & OO programming techniques to build high-quality and reusable (micro) services built to horizontally scale using event driven mechanisms
- Optimizing backend services for performance and scale
- Monitoring quality assurance
- Configuration management and improve our overall environments
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
What you need to a Crobox Software Engineer:
- Based in or around the Amsterdam area
- Experience with challenges related to performance, compatibility, security, and stability.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience building, deploying, and maintaining apps at scale with Scala.
- Experience with two or more of the following (or similar) technologies: Akka, Kafka, Postgres, Clickhouse, Cassandra, Docker, Mesos, Consul
- Comfortable with Linux, Bash, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, and other configuration management tools
- Possess modern DevOps skills with a good understanding of cloud architectures like GCP
- Knowledge of highly available systems and large-scale networks
- True self-starter with a proactive approach
- Natural teamplayer
- Strong communication
Our company values:
- Customer Centricity: Putting the customer first is as natural as breathing. You listen to others, have a keen perception of what people do, and develop an understanding to take customer’s needs to the next level.
- Vigor: We don’t shy away from a challenge, we stop at nothing to make it happen.
- Mastery: Crobox delivers excellence, whether that is internal or external, the work we produce is of the highest caliber.
- Connection: We thrive through connection and make magic happen together as a team.
What we offer:
- The room to grow in this position while (further) developing your skill set
- Competitive salary
- Company laptop
- Quarterly offsite team days
- 25 paid vacation days
- Generous education budget
- Stock option plan
- Option to work from home or the office in line with RIVM recommendations
- Lunch provided when working from the office
Does this vacancy spark your interest? Please send a brief motivation letter of why you want to work for Crobox and CV to us. Applications that do not include a motivation letter will not be considered.
Oh, by the way, recruitment agencies, we don’t require your services.